Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rembering 9/11

I can't believe it has been 7 years! Today we decided to take Jax to the healing field in Sandy, we knew he of course wouldn't understand it, but wanted him to learn about the flag, and with 1776 flags I think he had a chance to learn :) Jax had a great time running through the flags, hiding because of course he knew we wanted to take his picture, he thought he was pretty funny!
Jax at the "Healing field" in Sandy

This year they had a total of 1776 flags, it was an awesome sight!

It's interesting how certain events stay with you, I can't tell you what I did yesterday (ha ha) but I can tell you where I was September 11, 2001.

Cory and I were dating, and had gotten into a pretty big fight. I was house sitting my friends parents house while they were in Hawaii. I remember Cory calling me just as my alarm was going off, I was a little surprised that he would be calling....so I answered and he told me to turn on the radio, so I did. Once I figured out what was going on I ran downstairs and was glued to the TV. I was assisting and going to school, and it just happened that I had the day off, but had class, so I finally pulled myself away from the TV and got ready, of course listening the whole way to school in complete disbelief. Once I got to class, there was a note on the door saying class was canceled. I returned back to the house and watched TV, Cory came over later that night, and we decided that we needed to work things out....and I guess the rest is history...

Do you remember how eerie it was with no airplanes flying?

How great our country came together, and helped one another?

I am sooo grateful for all of our "Hero's"

Where were you September 11, 2001????

1 comment:

Amber said...

I didn't know they had this cool event in Sandy on Sept 11! So neat to see all the Flags.
On 9/11 I was in college and watched all the happenings on tv with my roommies. So devastating...